Last Modified December 16, 2016
Collection of Information.
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create or modify your account, request services, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information to our servers located in the United States or elsewhere. We may collect and store any personal information you may share with us, like:
- email address, password, physical contact information, delivery notes, payment method;
- correspondence through the App to us or a Boat Captain;
- computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the App, and ad data;
- other information, including IP address and standard web log information, and supplemental information from third parties;
- usage statistics.
Information We Collect Through Your Use of Our Services.
When you use our Services, we collect information about you in the following general categories:
- Location Information: When you use the Services for boat transportation, we collect precise location data about the trip from the Company app used by the Boat Captain. If you permit the Company app to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system (“platform”), we may also collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to your use of our Services, including the type of service requested, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and other related transaction details. Additionally, if someone uses your promo code, we may associate your name with that person.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and verions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Call and SMS Data: Our Services facilitate communications between users and Boat Captains. In connection with facilitating this service, we receive call data, including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the SMS message.
- Log Information: When you interact with our Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
We don't sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We do, however, use third-parties for website functionality, analytics, and social sharing. If you are a registered user of Facebook or Twitter, for example, our site enables your use of certain Facebook and Twitter sharing features. Social network widgets, however, may collect your social network “browser” cookies, regardless of whether you use social sharing widgets. If you are a member of social networks, you should consult the respective social networks’ privacy disclosures for more information about how they collect and share information. We also use other sharing widgets, which may collect and share data with interest-based advertisers.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized boat transportation experience. We also use the information we receive about you in connection with the Services of this website, other users, members, and advertisers that purchase ads on this site. For example, we may use the information we receive from you to: • provide the services and customer support you request;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce the Terms;
- customize, measure, and improve our Services and the Apps' content and layout;
- tell you about targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
Our Disclosure of Your Information.
- Boat Captains to enable them to provide the services you request;
- to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety.
- members of our corporate family to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and provide joint services;
- service providers under contract who help with our business operations;
- law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity (In such events, we will disclose name, city, state, telephone number, email address, User ID history, fraud complaints, and transaction history); and
- other business entities, should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity;
- third parties in response to a subpoena or other valid legal process in the United States ordering the disclosure of such information;
- third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us;
- the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our Services that are viewable by the general public; Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
We request permission for our app’s collection of precise location from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, you can later disable it by changing the location settings on your mobile device. However, this will limit your ability to use certain features of our services. Additionally, disabling our app’s collection of precise location from your device will not limit our ability to collect your trip location information from a Boat Captain's device nor our ability to derive approximate location from your IP address. Logging into another site using the App The Company allows you to login for our Services using various social media sites, like Facebook and Twitter. If you decide to use such a tool or service, you acknowledge and agree that:
- The information or content that are a part of your Social Media Site profile, which you have designated as "public" (or a similar designation) (with such information or content and referred to herein as "Social Media Content") may be accessed and used by us in connection with the Site;
- The Social Media Content will be considered "user generated content" or “Member Generated Content” under these Terms and both you and we shall have the same rights and responsibilities as you and we have with respect to such content under these Terms;
- In the event that the Social Media Content was for any reason misclassified with a public or similar designation or is otherwise inaccurate or to which you do not agree with for any reason, you agree to work with the Social Media Site to make any changes or resolve any disputes and acknowledge that we will not be able to provide you with recourse; and
Cookies and Other Technologies.
We use first and third-party browser "cookies" and other, similar technologies, on certain pages of the App to help analyze our web page flow, customize our Services, measure promotional effectiveness, promote trust and safety, enable social sharing, and enable the use of widgets. A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
- You are always free to delete or block our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of the App.
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters, and special characters and do not disclose your password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change your password.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing your Personal Information.
You can see, review and change most of your personal information or delete your account by logging into the App and viewing your account settings from the menu button. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain personal information from closed accounts in order to comply with law, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce the Terms, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
We want you to feel confident about using the App to make boat transportation arrangements, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website or online service can guarantee security, including ours, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure.
We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose your personal information to others.